From April 8th Palazzo Fava hosts SFREGI, the first anthological exhibition in Italy by Nicola Samorì, one of the most original contemporary artists of his generation.
An exhibition of about 80 works, organized by Genus Bononiae, including sculptures and paintings, designed by the artist exclusively for the rooms of the Palazzo delle Esposizioni, which casts an exhaustive look at his artistic production over the last twenty years.
Trained at the Academy of Fine Arts in Bologna, Samorì engages in the exhibition in a face to face with the history of art, triggering a constant game of references, analogies and suggestions between his impressive works and the precious frieze by the Carracci and their pupils decorating the walls of the Piano Nobile.
The path is enriched by the presence of some works from the Fondazione Carisbo’s Art and History Collections – such as Canova‘s Penitent Magdalene and Annibale Carracci‘s portraits of blind women – in a continuous dialogue with the spaces and heritage of the Museum.
The second floor will host small and medium-sized works that will develop individual themes or focus on the different techniques used by the artist.
The exhibition, curated by Alberto Zanchetta and Chiara Stefani, is a project by Genus Bononiae. Museums in the City with the support of the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio in Bologna.
There is no need to reserve your ticket in advance. If you would like more information, please contact the Genus Bononiae costumer service, calling +39 051 19936343 or writing to email@example.com from Monday to Friday from 11.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. During the weekend, please call +39 051 19936385.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: from 10 am to 7 pm; last entry 6 pm
Thursday: from noon to 9 pm; last entry 8 pm
Monday: Special opening on April 26th and April 3rd, 2021, from 10 am to 7 pm; last entry 6 pm
via Manzoni 2, Bologna
Open € 14
Full € 12
Reduced (1) € 10
– Over 75 completed (presenting document);
– Law enforcement (Polizia di Stato; Arma dei Carabinieri; Guardia di Finanza)
– Journalists with a regular National Order card (professionals, practitioners, publicists)
– Visitors with disabilities;
Reduced (2) € 9
– Groups (reservations required min 10 max 20 people)
– Children from 12 to 18 years old;
Reduced (3) € 8
– Groups with Genus Bononiae guide (reservations required min 10 max 20 visitors);
– University students up to 26 years old with a badge;
– Children from 6 to 11 years old;
– Ticket from another Genus Bononiae museum;
– Culture Card;
– Bologna Welcome Card;
Reduced (4) € 5
– Children up to 5 years;
– Group escorts (1 each group);
– Visiting teachers with pupils / students (2 each group);
– One companion for visitors with disabilities;
– Invitation coupon holders;
– Genus Bononiae Membership Card holders;
– Guides with badge;
– Journalists with a regular National Order card (request for accreditation by the editorial staff at the address firstname.lastname@example.org)
Booking and presale rights
– Group and individual rates, including Open ticket: € 1,50 per person
– Reduced rate for schools: € 1,00 per student
The visit to the exhibition does not require the use of an audio guide.
Radio guides are compulsory for groups € 30
At the moment there are no educational proposals of this kind