From June 22, 2018 Genus Bononiae hosts in Santa Maria della Vita, the exhibition “Sub Lucem – prima che l’alba accenda i colori“, dedicated to the Bolognese sculptor Mauro Mazzali.
The exhibition, curated by Graziano Campanini, traces the most meaningful steps of the sculptor’s artistic activity through thirty works in bronze, wood, terracotta, plaster and silicon rubber.
Mauro Mazzali, already director of the Academy of Fine Arts in Bologna and a sculptor of high expressive quality, is able to shape vivid and lively figures with various techniques.
In the exhibition there are busts in terracotta, plaster, angels in bronze expression of sensuality.
The last works, large bas-reliefs made using heterogeneous plastic materials, bring out the problems that contemporary nature has to face, attacked by climate change, wars and pollution produced by human waste.
At Santa Maria della Vita in Bologna, from 22 June 2018 to 16 September 2018.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 10 -19
Santa Maria della Vita
via Clavature 8-10, Bologna
Full price (included in the Museum and Oratory admission ticket) € 6
Reduction price (included in the Museum and Oratory admission ticket) € 4
-groups of min. 15 people;
-holders of another Genus Bononiae museum;
– special conventions (Tper; Coop; Dante Alighieri; Touring; Fai; Modern English),
– visitors from 6 to 18 years old,
– holders of Card Musei Metropolitani;
– holders of Bologna Welcome Card;
– Journalists with the National Order Regular card (Professionals, practitioner, freelance)
-children up to 5 years old;
-the disabled with helper,
-tourist guide with professional badge,
– holders of Membership Card Genus Bononiae;
– Journalists with the National Order Regular card (Professionals, practitioner, freelance) in service prior request for accreditation by the Editors at email@example.com