The exhibition of Mexican muralists should have opened in Santiago (Chile) on September 13, 1973 as a proof of solidarity and friendship between Mexico and Chile. However, the opening was cancelled following the military coup of General Augusto Pinochet on September 11.
Thus, the works by three great Mexican muralists José Clemente Orozco, Diego Rivera, David Alfaro Siqueiros were taken out from Chile in the same Aeromexico’s plane in which Allende’s widow and daughters fled and the collection returned to the Mexican museums it had come from.
Since then this exhibition became la exposición pendiente (the pending exhibition).
The exhibition México “La Mostra Sospesa” – Orozco, Rivera, Siqueiros” will open in Bologna, at Palazzo Fava, on October 19, 2017: sixty-eight works among the most important paintings of great Mexican muralism, recognized as national Mexican heritage and belonging to the Museo de Arte Carrillo Gil, the Museo Nacional de Arte, and the Museo de Veracruz.
At Palazzo Fava, from October 19, 2017 to February 18, 2018.
– 65 years old (with document)
– Children from 11 to 18 years old
– Military and members of law enforcement
– Handicapped people
– Journalists with the National Order Regular card (Professionals, practitioner, freelance)
– Holders of a ticket from another museum of Genus Bononiae
– Holders city Red Bus Ticket
Reduced price for group € 9,00
– Reservations required min 10 max 25 pax.
– Miking mandatory (30 €)
Reduced special € 7,00
– Holders Metropolitan Museums Card
– Gruops with Genus Bononiae’s guide
– Holders Bologna Welcome Card
Reduced price - Children € 5,00
– Children from 6 to 11 years old
Reduced price - School € 5,00
– Reservations required 25 min 10 max
– Holders Card Genus Bononiae
– Children under 4 years old
– Groups leaders (1 EACH Group)
– Teachers visiting with pupils / students (2 EACH Group)
– ICOM members (with ID)
– Guide for a disabled
– Holders coupon of invitation
– accredited tourist guides
– Journalists with the National Order Regular card (Professionals, practitioner, freelance) in service prior request for accreditation by the Editors at email@example.com