In September 2020 Prof. Emilio Pasquini, illustrious Dante scholar, viewed in the house-studio of Wolfango, a considerable number of unpublished works relating to the Divine Comedy and with great enthusiasm he thought of organizing an exhibition which, in his opinion, could only take place in the year 2021, the year of Dante’s celebrations.
The choice of the exhibition venue fell on Santa Maria della Vita, a place dear to the artist and which already hosted his personal exhibitions in the past.
The exhibition, curated by Laura Pasquini and Alighiera Peretti Poggi, aims to celebrate the Supreme Poet, through the works that, between 1963 and 1968, the Bolognese painter Wolfango Peretti Poggi, acute reader and interpreter of the Comedy, dedicated to him.
In 1972 Wolfango illustrated a luxury edition of the three cantiche for the types of Rizzoli, of which very few examples now exist. However, the artist has left us many accurate preparatory drawings with which it is possible to reconstruct the birth and the creative process of the 100 plates that illustrated the printed edition.
The exhibition also presents an original corpus of monochrome drawings that the painter created, at the beginning of the 2000s, on the “Dante’s Similitudes”, themes extrapolated from the poetic text for their eminently “ahistorical” character.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 10am - 7pm. Last entry 6.30pm
Santa Maria della Vita
via Clavature 8-10, Bologna
Open € 10
Full price € 8
Reduced price € 6
– Holders of a ticket for “Compianto”
– Holders of a ticket from another museum of Genus Bononiae
– Young people aged between 6/18
– University students with ID card under 26 y.o.
– Bologna Welcome Card
– Card Cultura Bologna
– Law enforcement
Groups € 6
– Groups of min. 15 – max 20 persons
Groups Genus Bononiae € 6
– Groups of min. 15 – max 20 persons, with a Genus Bononiae guide
schools € 5
– Children up to 5 years
– Visitor with disabilities and companion
– Group leader
– Genus Bononiae Membership Card holders
– Guides with badge
– Journalists with a regular Order card and upon request for accreditation to the address email@example.com
Booking and presale rights
Group and individual rates, including Open ticket: € 1,00 per person Schools rates: € 0,50 per person