From February 24 to June 25 2017 Palazzo Fava. Palazzo delle Esposizioni will host the exhibition “Costruire il Novecento. Masterpieces in the Giovanardi Collection”: ninety works from the Giovanardi Collection made by the most important Italian painters active between the two World Wars.
The exhibition, curated by Silvia Evangelisti, is composed of three main sections: the first one is dedicated to the paintings of Morandi and Licini and to their controversial relationship; the second includes important paintings by Carlo Carrà, Filippo De Pisis, Massimo Campigli and Mario Sironi, which illustrate the important role of the connection between painting and architecture during that historical period. Finally, the third section shows many Italian artists: Mario Mafai, Ottone Rosai, Arturo Tosi, Pio Semeghini.
The collection of Augusto and Francesca Giovanardi, shown in its entirety at Palazzo Fava, is one of the richest and qualitatively important collections of the Twentieth century Italian art. This is the result of thirty years of research and of a careful choice, but also of the refined delicacy of the two collectors for the works of the artists that they loved so much.
Remember the ufficial hashtag: #CostruireilNovecento
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
via Manzoni 2, Bologna
Open ticket € 13
Visit The Show when you want without blocking data or precise time slot. The ticket CAN be given.
Full price € 11
(With audio guide included)
Reduced price € 9
(With audio guide included)
– 65 years old (with document)
– Children from 11 to 18 years old
– Military and members of law enforcement
– Handicapped people
– Conventions (Coop, FAI, Tper, Alitalia)
– Journalists with the National Order Regular card (Professionals, practitioner, freelance)
– Holders of a ticket from another museum of Genus Bononiae
– holders of Metropolitan Museums Card
– Holders Welcome Card Bologna
– Holders city Red Bus Ticket
– Holders Metropolitan Museums Card
Reduced price for groups € 9
– Reservations required min 10 max 25 pax.
– Miking mandatory (30 €)
University € 5
Reduced price - Children € 4
– Children from 4 to 11 years old.
Reduced price - School € 4
– Reservations required 25 min 10 max.
Family Ticket € 20,00
Avilable for 2 adults and n. children.
– Holders Card Genus Bononiae
– Children under 4 years old
– Groups leaders (1 EACH Group)
– Teachers visiting with pupils / students (2 EACH Group)
– ICOM members (with ID)
– Guide for a disabled
– Holders coupon of invitation
– accredited tourist guides
– Journalists with the National Order Regular card (Professionals, practitioner, freelance) in service prior request for accreditation by the Editors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking fee and presale
– Groups and individuals € 1.50 per person
– School groups € 1.00 per student